Bio-YUCCA AQ The natural solution to curb Ammonia.
Three major sources are identified for the production and accumulation of ammonia in the aquaculture ponds -
- - Excretion from the fishes and shrimps.
- - Degradation of waste feed.
- - Degradation of dead plants and animals.
Due to heavy accumulation of ammonia shrimps and fishes are severely affected with following deleterious problems -
Glyco fraction of the extracts from Yucca schidigera plant is found to be effective in binding the free ammonia from surrounding environment. The compound Polyhydroxy stilbene, which performs the urease-inhibiting activity, is rich in the bark of Yucca schidigera. The use of Yucca schidigera extract in aqua farms has shown the excellent results towards the reduction of the ammonia level, improving the water quality and consequently the farm productivity.DOSAGES
- - Due to the variations in the osmotic pressure, shrimps and fishes behave lethargic.
- - Unable to consume feed, which in turn affects the daily growth.
- - Shrimps and fishes suffocate due to decrease in dissolved oxygen level in the pond.
- - Intentional increase in respiration results in the damage of gills and reduces the ability of blood to transport oxygen.
- - Continued exposure of shrimps and fishes to the sub-lethal concentration of - Ammonia results in the increased susceptibility to diseases.
Bio-YICCA AQ is a blend of organic molecules and Yucca schidigera extract which binds the preformed ammonia and arrest the further production of ammonia effectively by inhibiting the enzyme urease.
Bio-YICCA AQ must be applied at a rate of 1 kg / Hectare (300 - 500 g / Acre) by thoroughly mixing it with sand and sprinkling water and broadcast evenly to the entire water spread area of the pond. Application can be repeated once in 15 days up to 90 days of culture and once in 10 days after 90 days of culture.
Bio-YICCA AQ can also be given to the shrimps and fishes by coating on top of the pellet feeds with the use of a quality pellet binder at a rate of 5 - 10 gram / kg of feed in once in three days.